Beat the Streak Report: Monday, July 28
Picks of the day
- 13-for-28 (.464) vs. CLE RHP Paul Byrd
- 6-for-20 (.300) since All-Star break
- 7-for-16 (.438) vs. SD RHP Greg Maddux
- 13-for-20 (.650) during 5-game hit streak
Weekend picks, results
Friday: Jermaine Dye (CHW): 1-for-5; Carlos Lee (HOU): 2-for-4
Saturday: Ryan Braun (MIL): 1-for-2
Sunday: Aaron Rowand (SFO): 0-for-4
Top 5 current leaders
1. lupah99, 28 games (Joe Mauer)
1. sherbrookaz, 28 (Placido Polanco)
3. soxwhite24, 27 (Evan Longoria)
4. terpfan1, 26 (Mark Teixeira)
5. bgibbs14, 24 (Lance Berkman)
5. btoh2003, 24 (Matt Holliday)
5. j.ves, 24 (Matt Holliday)
5. mickey_2290, 24 (Hanley Ramirez)
5. wax4ever, 24 (Lance Berkman)
BTS season leader: Robert Paradise, 48
BTS all-time leader: Michael Karatzia, 49
MLB all-time leader: Joe DiMaggio, 56
New weekend, same story.
For the third straight weekend, a BTS leader lost control of the top spot as Friday’s co-leaders bailtard and oldeguy were unable to extend their streaks through Monday. Replacing the fallen co-leaders are a pair of new ones, lupah99 and sherbrookaz, who carry 28-game streaks. And though lupah99 held a one-game lead over sherbrookaz going into the weekend, sherbrookaz moved into a first-place tie after lupah99′s pick, Joe Mauer, did not play in last night’s affair with the Indians.
Meanwhile, Top 5 newcomers soxwhite24 and terpfan1 used the weekend to surge into the third and fourth spots on the leaderboard. Yesterday, they saw their streaks continue thanks to Evan Longoria (2-for-4) and Mark Teixeira (2-for-2), respectively.
Five other competitors scratched their way into a fifth-place tie over the weekend. The knot, featuring contestants with 24-game streaks, represents the second Top 5 logjam of the past five days. Last Thursday, four fans were also tied for fifth place with 24-game streaks.
Yesterday’s Top 5 most selected players
1. Joe Mauer (MIN): 4.3%, 0-for-0
2. Lance Berkman (HOU): 4.1%, 2-for-4
3. Matt Holliday (COL): 4.0%, 2-for-6
3. Dustin Pedroia (BOS): 4.0%, 2-for-4
5. Placido Polanco (DET): 3.1%, 1-for-3