Beat the Streak Report: Monday, Aug. 25
Picks of the day
- .349 AVG during ML-leading 15-game hit streak
- 1-for-3 vs. SEA RHP Miguel Batista
.321 AVG since All-Star break
4-for-11 (.364) vs. HOU RHP Brian Moehler
Manny Ramirez (LAD), 1-for-4
Top 5 current leaders
1. pupway10 (Nick Markakis), 33 games
2. halfogre (Albert Pujols), 32 games
3. damayr (Alex Rodriguez), 31 games
4. jonnystu4 (Nick Markakis), 28 games
5. purchasing (Mark Teixeira), 27 games
Fan of the day
Derick Drees, better known to BTS competitors as halfogre, has leaped into second place on the BTS leaderboard with a 32-game streak.
Although Drees lives in Virginia, where he works as a truck driver, he hasn’t forgotten his Los Angeles roots. Drees has leaned on the players from his hometown Dodgers to keep his impressive streak going strong. It should come as no surprise that he often goes with Manny Ramirez, who has erupted for a .380 average since arriving in Tinseltown at the Trade Deadline.
And much like Manny’s quick adaptation the City of Angels, it took Drees little time to learn the BTS ropes, as he started making picks just eight weeks ago. Some BTS veterans may be quick to cry beginner’s luck, but Drees looks poised to show he’s more than another flash in the pan. His methods are simple: Never choose hitters with a sub-.300 batting average, and prey on suspect pitchers with a high opponents’ average.
That system could very well carry this truck driver to $1 million-glory.
Yesterday’s Top 5 most selected players:
1. Albert Pujols (STL): 8.0%, 2-for-2
2. Ichiro Suzuki (SEA): 6.9%, 1-for-3
3. Alex Rodriguez (NYY): 5.8%, 2-for-3
4. Manny Ramirez (LAD): 5.4%, 1-for-4
5. Nick Markakis (BAL): 4.6%, 1-for-5