Beat the Streak Report: April 4
What has one big picture of Ian Kinsler and a three-game hitting streak?
Don’t believe us? Check. Tha. Archive. Served!
Surely, all of you followed our roadmap to the three-game promised land, right?. Oh, you picked Albert “0-for-4” Pujols yesterday? That worked out well. It’s a dangerous jungle out there, people. Maybe stick with the guided tour next time.
Anyway, enough living in the past.
On the first Monday of the season, it’s time to seperate the lobsters from the crawfish. There are only six games scheduled, so you’ll have to deviate from the standard Mauer–Braun–Hamilton rotation for once.
JK! They’re all on the slate, along with Pujols and Ichiro. The lobsters and the crawfish will continue to swim in harmony until Thursday.
Expect our streak to reach at least six games by then.
Oh, hello there …
• Lance Berkman: .833 AVG (5-for-6) lifetime vs. Pirates starter Charlie Morton
• Jose Tabata: .714 AVG (5-for-7) lifetime vs. Cardinals starter Kyle Lohse
• Mark Teixeira: .500 AVG (6-for-12) lifetime vs. Twins starter Scott Baker
• Ian Kinsler: .350 AVG (7-for-20) lifetime vs. Mariners starter Erik Bedard
Feeling kinda spicy?
• Skip Schumaker: .500 AVG (6-for-12) lifetime vs. Pirates starter Charlie Morton
You’ll thank me later …
• Kelly Johnson: .000 AVG (0-for-6) lifetime vs. Cubs starter Randy Wells
• Alex Rodriguez: .182 AVG (2-for-11) lifetime vs. Twins starter Scott Baker
• Michael Young: .211 AVG (4-for-19) lifetime vs. Mariners starter Erik Bedard
Did you hear that the BTS Report has a three-game hit streak going? If not, read the previous sentence again without the question mark or the “Did you hear that” part.
A few of you out there in Streakland (Population: cool kids) are 4-for-4, but let’s be honest: you’re going to need to keep the flame burning for about another fortnight before getting mentioned by name in this space.
Top MLB streakers
• Matt Kemp: 4 games
• Howard Kendrick: 4 games
• Buster Posey: 4 games
• Freddy Sanchez: 4 games