It was quite the uneventful Tuesday for our streakers, as five of our top seven selections (Miguel Cabrera, Ryan Howard, Chase Utley, Robinson Cano, Derek Jeter) each saw their games postponed due to rain, pushing the pause button on about 22 percent of streakers combined.
John Gartshore, a.k.a. “cruj,” a.k.a. our protagonist and fearless leader, tapped Ichiro to extend his streak to an impressive 35 games.
It looks like Gartshore, a native of Asbestos, Quebec, Canada, will be putting my Canadian aptitude to the test here, and frankly, I’m riveted.
So on that note, with a 35-game streak, Gartshore is officially 61.7 percent on his way to earning a lifetime supply of Tim Horton’s Timbits. I went to summer camp in Ontario for 10 years. Gartshore, you’ve been warned.
Time for Wednesday’s picks.
Oh, hello there …
- Michael Cuddyer: .515 AVG (17-for-33) lifetime vs. White Sox starter John Danks
- Adrian Beltre: .467 AVG (7-for-15) lifetime vs. Blue Jays starter Shaun Marcum
- Joey Votto: .625 AVG (10-for-16) lifetime vs. Pirates starter Zach Duke
- Scott Rolen: .438 AVG (7-for-16) lifetime vs. Duke
- Franklin Gutierrez: .556 AVG (5-for-9) lifetime vs. Orioles starter Brad Bergesen
- Conor Jackson: .462 AVG (6-for-13) lifetime vs. Dodgers starter Hiroki Kuroda
Feeling kinda spicy?
- Ramon Hernandez: .571 AVG (4-for-7) lifetime vs. Duke. It’s always Candy Land when Duke is on the mound.
- Craig Counsell: .400 AVG (10-for-25) since ’05 vs. Braves starter Derek Lowe. This just can’t be a good idea, right?
You’ll thank me later …
- Dustin Pedroia: .125 AVG (2-for-16) lifetime vs. Marcum
- Alfonso Soriano: .000 AVG (0-for-9) lifetime vs. Marlins starter Chris Volstad
- Manny Ramirez: .100 AVG (1-for-10) lifetime vs. D-backs starter Edwin Jackson
“jonnygoska” bit the dust thanks to an 0-fer from Jose Reyes (sorry bout that, Jonny). This leaves “Bosox19” in second place with a 24-game streak. Not too shabby.
Top MLB streakers