Andre Ethier‘s National League Destruction Tour 2011 reached 27 games over the weekend, and plenty of you Streakers made it out for a show and an overpriced T-shirt along the way.
The Dodgers outfielder toasted the Pop Tarts for 7.2 percent of all gamers with a 1-for-3 yesterday, second only to Matt Holliday‘s 13.2 percent approval rate.
Ethier is now one contest clear of the current BTS leader, a gap that likely won’t be narrowed — barring a world-altering 0-fer — until L.A. takes a bye to recharge and refuel on Thursday. Until then, the show rolls on. Next potential victim: Cubs starter James Russell.
(Make a BTS pick)
Oh, hello there …
• Nick Markakis: .435 AVG (10-for-23) since ’06 vs. White Sox starter Mark Buehrle
• Hanley Ramirez: .455 AVG (5-for-11) since ’06 vs. Cardinals starter Kyle Lohse
• Vladimir Guerrero: .370 AVG (10-for-27) since ’06 vs. White Sox starter Mark Buehrle
• David Ortiz: .346 AVG (9-for-26) since ’06 vs. Angels starter Jered Weaver
• Marlon Byrd: .833 AVG (5-for-6) since ’06 vs. Dodgers starter Clayton Kershaw
• Adrian Beltre: .400 AVG (6-for-15) since ’06 vs. A’s starter Brandon McCarthy
Feeling kinda spicy?
• Kevin Kouzmanoff: .625 AVG (5-for-8) since ’06 vs. Rangers starter Derek Holland
You’ll thank me later …
• Mark Teixeira: .105 AVG (2-for-19) since ’06 vs. Tigers starter Justin Verlander
• Alexei Ramirez: .071 AVG (1-for-14) since ’06 vs. Orioles starter Jeremy Guthrie
• Robinson Cano: .190 AVG (4-for-21) since ’06 vs. Tigers starter Justin Verlander
• Dustin Pedroia: .188 AVG (3-for-16) since ’06vs. Angels starter Jered Weaver
• Howard Kendrick: .111 AVG (1-for-9) since ’06 vs. Red Sox starter Clay Buchholz
Andre Ethier poppin’ bottles?
Andre Ethier poppin’ bottles.
Top MLB streakers
Andre Ethier: 27 games
Placido Polanco: 11 games
Jacoby Ellsbury: 10 games
Logan Morrison: 10 games
Brett Wallace: 10 games
Sneaky move by LoMo to hit 10 games then go on the DL. After today, he won’t make this list again until he reaches 11. Get well soon, buddy!
(Make a BTS pick)