Beat the Streak Report: Thursday, Sept. 4
Picks of the day
- 12-for-28 (.429) vs. DET LHP Kenny Rogers
- 13-for-31 (.419) in last 7 G
- 1-for-1 vs. OAK LHP Dan Meyer
- .500 AVG during 8-game hit streak
Yesterday’s picks, results
- Derek Jeter (NYY), 1-for-5
- Brian Roberts (BAL), 1-for-3
Top 5 current leaders
1. cubdane (Dustin Pedroia)
2. huhino (Albert Pujols)
3. jnay017 (Raul Ibanez)
3. rustyolson56 (Dustin Pedroia)
3. trizzy7 (Albert Pujols)
The Top 5 — the last remaining BTS competitors capable of reaching 57 games — all survived to play another day. BTS leader cubdane took another step closer to Joe DiMaggio at 35 games after staying with the hot-hitting Dustin Pedroia, who went 1-for-3 against the Orioles.
Also benefiting from Pedroia’s performance was rustyolson56, whose streak improved to 32 games. Keeping pace were his third-place counterparts jnay017 and trizzy7 (yesterday’s Fan of the Day), thanks to the steady hitting of Raul Ibanez (2-for-4) and Albert Pujols (1-for-4), respectively.
Picking Pujols also kept second-place competitor huhino in the running, right behind cubdane, at 33 games.
Yesterday’s Top 5 most selected players:
1. Dustin Pedroia (BOS): 8.6%, 3-for-4
2. Ichiro Suzuki (SEA): 7.8%, 1-for-4
3. Albert Pujols (STL): 7.7%, 1-for-4
4. Derek Jeter (NYY): 4.2%, 1-for-5
5. Matt Holliday (COL): 2.9%, 0-for-3