Picks of the day
- 20-for-42 (.476) vs. CHC RHP Jason Marquis
- .335 home AVG in ’08
- 7-for-14 vs. PIT LHP Paul Maholm
- .345 AVG during 7-game hit streak
Yesterday’s picks, results
- Raul Ibanez (SEA), 1-for-3
- Randy Winn (SF), 1-for-5
Top 5 current leaders
1. jtfluet5 (Raul Ibanez)
2. mwkegg (Jermaine Dye)
3. lpaco1234 (Joe Mauer)
3. mlkyser (Garrett Atkins)
3. pyachamp (Vladimir Guerrero)
3. spike11870 (Ryan Howard)
BTS leader jtfluet5 moved into elite territory yesterday when Raul Ibanez went 1-for-3 against the Angels. It brought his streak up to 37 games, tied for the fifth-longest mark all season with bassman. Another hit tonight would push him into fourth place.
Rather than rely on Ibanez, second-place competitor mwkegg benefited by going against history with Jermaine Dye, who reversed a poor track record against Toronto pitcher Shaun Marcum with a pair of hits. It extended mwkegg’s streak to 31 games.
With a couple of Top 5 competitors eliminated from action (albert_lun, Dodger_Fan), third place turned into a four-way tie between lpaco1234, mlkyser, pyachamp and spike11870, all of whom selected different players in Joe Mauer, Garrett Atkins, Vladimir Guerrero and Ryan Howard, respectively.
Roughly nine percent of users were punished for picking All-Star Lance Berkman, who came up empty in three at-bats vs. Pittsburgh.
Yesterday’s Top 5 most selected players
1. Lance Berkman (HOU): 8.9%, 0-for-3
2. Joe Mauer (MIN): 8.3%, 1-for-5
3. Ichiro Suzuki (SEA): 6.6%, 1-for-5
4. Albert Pujols (STL): 5.1%, 1-for-5
5. Matt Holliday (COL): 5.1%, 3-for-4