It wasn’t the kindest of Mondays for a good chunk of our Beat the Streak aspiring multi-millionaires.
Thanks to Franklin Gutierrez, Chipper Jones and Kelly Johnson, an eye-wincing 17.2 percent of our BTSers pressed the reset button in their quest for the mega bucks. And just to pour some Tabasco sauce on some open wounds, Derrek Lee, Chase Utley and Matt Kemp combined to eliminate an additional 6.4 percent of the field.
To quote Coldplay (oh boy), “Nobody said it was easy.”
And it shouldn’t be.
On with Tuesday’s picks.
Oh, hello there …
- Matt Holliday: .563 AVG (18-for-32) lifetime vs. Braves starter Derek Lowe
- Chase Utley: .636 AVG (7-for-11) lifetime vs. Giants starter Todd Wellemeyer
- Ryan Ludwick: .600 AVG (6-for-10) lifetime vs. Lowe
- Aramis Ramirez: .379 AVG (11-for-29) lifetime vs. Nationals starter Livan Hernandez
- Adrian Beltre: .462 AVG (6-for-13) lifetime vs. Blue Jays starter Shaun Marcum
- Geoff Blum: .588 AVG (10-for-17) lifetime vs. Reds starter Aaron Harang
Feeling kinda spicy?
- Adam LaRoche: .500 AVG (4-for-8) lifetime vs. Rockies starter Ubaldo Jimenez. Who wants to dance with Ubaldo the Incredible?
- Randy Winn: .611 AVG (11-for-18) lifetime vs. Orioles starter Kevin Millwood. Winn should get a hit, ya know, assuming he’s in the lineup.
- Ryan Garko: .480 AVG (12-for-25) lifetime vs. White Sox starter Mark Buehrle. I mean, come on.
You’ll thank me later …
- Dustin Pedroia: .111 AVG (2-for-18) lifetime vs. Marcum
- Prince Fielder: .111 AVG (1-for-9) lifetime vs. Pirates starter Jeff Karstens
- Franklin Gutierrez: .067 AVG (1-for-15) lifetime vs. Royals starter Zack Greinke
And then there were seven.
Seven Beat the Streakers are rocking 23-game streaks and are 40.4 percent on their way to buying pet zebras. Just because they can.
Top MLB streakers