And down goes “dodger_blue.”
One day after being profiled in the Beat the Streak Report, John Phillips saw his 31-game streak go down in flames thanks to Ryan Theriot’s 0-for-4 performance on Wednesday. Thanks for playing John, enjoy that whole veterinarian school thing.
With Phillips out of the way, “olifante” is all alone in first place atop the leaderboard with a 32-game streak after selecting Albert Pujols, who went 1-for-3. “olifante” is now 56.1 percent on his way buying one of those vibrating, insanely comfortable, ridiculously expensive leather massage chairs that everyone sampled at The Sharper Image once upon a time. Those chairs were awesome.
User “bowl218” lived to see another day, extending his streak to a shiny 31 games thanks to Dustin Pedroia’s 2-for-3 evening.
As for the rest of the BTS world, Theriot and Robinson Cano combined to evaporate 25.4 percent of all streaks in the whole wide world. Eeesh!
Time for Thursday’s picks.
Oh, hello there …
- Chipper Jones: .520 AVG (13-for-20) lifetime vs. Nationals starter Scott Olsen
- Dustin Pedroia: .517 AVG (15-for-29) lifetime vs. Angels starter Scott Kazmir
- Placido Polanco: .412 AVG (7-for-17) since ’05 vs. Cardinals starter Kyle Lohse
- Russell Martin: .444 AVG (4-for-9) lifetime vs. Brewers starter Dave Bush
Feeling kinda spicy?
- Matt Diaz: .440 AVG (11-for-25) lifetime vs. Olsen. Don’t mind if I do.
- Willy Aybar: .500 AVG (4-for-8) lifetime vs. Mariners starter Ryan Rowland-Smith. Don’t mind if I do not.
You’ll thank me later …
- Edgar Renteria: .000 AVG (0-for-14) lifetime vs. Marlins starter Ricky Nolasco
- Adrian Beltre: .111 AVG (2-for-18) lifetime vs. Kazmir
- Bobby Abreu: .125 AVG (2-for-16) lifetime vs. Red Sox starter Daisuke Matsuzaka
- Chase Utley: .143 AVG (2-for-14) lifetime vs. Lohse
Not far behind our fearsome twosome is “cruj,” who is flashing a 29-game streak after taking Albert Pujols yesterday.
Top MLB streakers