Thursday was a beautiful day in the neighborhood for our Beat the Streakers.
Our top five most popular selections each got hits, combining to extend the streaks for about 35 percent of Streakland.
Dustin Pedroia, my, ahem, Pick of the Day, spearheaded “Operation: Hitsville,” going 2-for-4 to extend the streaks of 12.3 percent of our users all by his lonesome self.
It was also all sunshine atop the leaderboard, as “olifante” and “bowl218” each lived to see another day thanks to hits from Evan Longoria and Placido Polanco, respectively.
With “olifante”‘s streak now at 33 games, he is 57.9 percent on his way to the promised land. And you know what that means: All the infomercial knives that can cut through shoes that he ever dreamed of.
Will our fearless leader survive the weekend?
I have no clue. But I might as well give it a whirl …
Oh, hello there …
- Robinson Cano: .362 AVG (17-for-47) lifetime vs. Red Sox starter Josh Beckett
- Albert Pujols: .471 AVG (16-for-34) lifetime vs. Pirates starter Zach Duke
- Vernon Wells: .500 AVG (10-for-20) since ’05 vs. White Sox starter Mark Buehrle
- Hanley Ramirez: .857 AVG (6-for-7) lifetime vs. Nationals starter Craig Stammen
- Michael Young: .500 AVG (10-for-20) since ’05 vs. Royals starter Gil Meche
- Hanley Ramirez: .462 AVG (6-for-13) lifetime vs. Nationals starter John Lannan
- David Wright: .727 AVG (8-for-11) lifetime vs. Giants starter Todd Wellemeyer
- Martin Prado: .556 AVG (5-for-9) lifetime vs. Phillies starter Joe Blanton
- Matt Kemp: .409 AVG (9-for-22) lifetime vs. Rockies starter Ubaldo Jimenez
- Albert Pujols: .600 AVG (15-for-25) lifetime vs. Pirates starter Paul Maholm
- Ben Zobrist: .625 AVG (5-for-8) lifetime vs. A’s starter Dallas Braden
- David DeJesus: .714 AVG (5-for-7) lifetime vs. Rangers starter Scott Feldman
Feeling kinda spicy?
- Joe Inglett: .455 AVG (5-for-11) lifetime vs. D-backs starter Edwin Jackson. Yes, you can pretty much take anyone going against Edwin Jackson these days.
- Fred Lewis: .444 AVG (4-for-9) lifetime vs. White Sox starter Jake Peavy. Yes, Fred Lewis has been on fire as of late.
- Gabe Kapler: .444 AVG (4-for-9) lifetime vs. A’s starter Dallas Braden. Yes, starting sentences this way is getting to be painful.
You’ll thank me later …
- Troy Tulowitzki: .111 AVG (1-for-9) lifetime vs. Dodgers starter Hiroki Kuroda
- Adam Lind: .000 AVG (0-for-12) lifetime vs. White Sox starter Mark Buehrle
- Stephen Drew: .100 AVG (1-for-10) lifetime vs. Brewers starter Randy Wolf
- Josh Hamilton: .100 AVG (1-for-10) lifetime vs. Royals starter Gil Meche
- Matt Holliday: .071 AVG (1-for-14) lifetime vs. Pirates starter Paul Maholm
- Billy Butler: .182 AVG (2-for-11) lifetime vs. Rangers starter Scott Feldman
Joining “olifante” and “bowl218” in the 30-streak club is “cruj,” who took Justin Morneau yesterday to reach this lovely milestone. Well played.
Top MLB streakers