… And Dustin Pedroia swung his mighty bat toward the heavens, the sea parted, and 13.9 percent of all Streakers filed out of the land of hitless oppression and one day closer to $5.6 million.
There was much rejoicing, and many cups of grape juice consumed.
It may just take 40 years of wandering in the desert of 0-fers for someone to finally win this here streak game, but rest assured that we have plenty of milk and honey on tap for when you arrive.
Let my Streakers go — to make …
(Make a BTS pick)
Oh, hello there …
• Lance Berkman: .462 AVG (6-for-13) since ’06 vs. Nationals starter John Lannan
• Troy Tulowitzki: .412 AVG (7-for-17) since ’06 vs. Giants starter Jonathan Sanchez
• David Wright: .429 AVG (6-for-14) since ’06 vs. Astros starter Wandy Rodriguez
• Alexei Ramirez: .400 AVG (6-for-15) since ’06 vs. Rays starter James Shields
• Jose Bautista: .444 AVG (4-for-9) since ’06 vs. Yankees starter A.J. Burnett
Feeling kinda spicy?
• Carlos Ruiz: .625 AVG (5-for-8) since ’06 vs. Brewers starter Randy Wolf
You’ll thank me later …
• Vladimir Guerrero: .000 AVG (0-for-13) since ’06 vs. Twins starter Carl Pavano
• Carlos Gonzalez: .000 AVG (0-for-11) since ’06 vs. Giants starter Jonathan Sanchez
• Ben Zobrist: .000 AVG (0-for-10) since ’06 vs. White Sox starter John Danks
• Jacoby Ellsbury: .000 AVG (0-for-9) since ’06 vs. A’s starter Brett Anderson
• Brian McCann: .000 AVG (0-for-8) since ’06 vs. Dodgers starter Hiroki Kuroda
0-for-51 combined. If any of these fellas get a hit tonight, you will literally be seeing a new era dawn before your eyes. They’ll probably put your name in the history books — somewhere after the War of 1812, but before the whole 2012 Mayan apocalypse thing.
Top MLB streakers
Andre Ethier: 15 games
Alex Gordon: 12 games
Wilson Betemit: 10 games
Five players: 9 games
(Make a BTS pick)